Subject: RE: Diploma thesis: Connecting Archos Jukebox with Rockbox to a V olkswagen Radio

RE: Diploma thesis: Connecting Archos Jukebox with Rockbox to a V olkswagen Radio

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:35:09 -0000

This thread raises the issues I was trying to get across all those months
ago about the bi-directional remote control interface for RockBox.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... If we could put the
bi-directional comms functionality into a cable/connector, and present a
standard UART interface to whatever wants to connect, people wouldn't have
to keep putting the same functionality (software and hardware flow control)
into the various remote devices and adaptors that come along.

And whoever designed/built it would have a far wider cutomer base than they
would for some specific remote control device. I know I'd pay good money
for a 3 wire UART interface cable for RockBox.

Stu.