Subject: RE: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze
From: Holger Lembke (
Date: 2003-01-28

> It's been a long time since last release. In order to get 2.0
> out the door soon, I'm now calling a feature freeze. Only the
> following new features will be considered for inclusion in
> Rockbox version 2.0:

I still see a huge need in optimizing the interface and keypad assignments.

things that come to my mind with my recorder:

- the use of f2 and f3 is a waste. and the german lang translations almost
not readable. why not a menu like set-up but no submenues. just a simple
'toggle menu'?

- the keys are way to sensitiv. I have the feeling that the wind can press

- (and now my favorit topic) enable remote while keypad is locked...

oh, and I want to be able to 'play' directories. Just press a button on the
directory and then the box starts playing recursing throu the folder.

Holger Lembke    Keep your Mailbox SPAM free:
+49-531-334676   Disruptor OL