Subject: RE: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2003-01-28

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Holger Lembke wrote:

> - the use of f2 and f3 is a waste

> and the german lang translations almost not readable.

> why not a menu like set-up but no submenues. just a simple 'toggle menu'?

I don't understand. Care to elaborate?

> - the keys are way to sensitiv. I have the feeling that the wind can press
> it

I think they're fine for a 2.0.

> - (and now my favorit topic) enable remote while keypad is locked...

Well, I consider that one a bug and we can fix bugs fine. Send in your
patches! ;-)

> oh, and I want to be able to 'play' directories. Just press a button on the
> directory and then the box starts playing recursing throu the folder.

and I want to fly to the moon! ;-)

2.0 is not the end of the road, it is just the next public release and we
need to gather around the bug-fixing for a while to get a really fine and
mighty cool 2.0 release.

Dynamic playlists (which this will need) are not even close to getting in CVS
now, so it'll just have to wait.

Then we go back and starting piling up new features again.

 Daniel Stenberg -- --