Subject: Re: Re[2]: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze

Re: Re[2]: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze

From: JOSE MARIA GARCIA VALDECASAS BERNAL <jmgvb_at_fedro.ugr.es>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:42:15 +0100 (MET)

 Eric Linenberg wrote:
> here is a better option for the quick menus (in my opinion)
>
> currently they look like this:
>
> ------------------------------------
> > |
> > Shuffle repeat |
> > mode: << >> mode: |
> > Off Off |
> > \/ |
> > Show Files: |
> > All |
> > |
> -------------------------------------
>

> but, what about something like this?
>
> ------------------------------------
> |<< Shuffle mode: Off |
> |>> repeat mode: Off |
> |\/ Show files: All |
> | |
> | |
> | |
> | |
> | |
> -------------------------------------

Hi,
I've done a patch to show how would Eric screen look. It just work for F2
screen now, but i think that the best way to talk about an idea is to show it
more or less, and ASCII graphics is not the same that rockbox screen. :)

IMHO i think that actual rockbox quick menus are cooler, but are not optimized
for a multi-lingual support. i.e. in spanish "show files" is "mostrar
archivos". That is the shortest string you can make to say the same. That
doesn't matter really much, because it's in the middle, but "shuffle mode"
is "modo aleatorio", that is, with words changed. I can swap LANG_XXX and
LANG_YYY, but it wont fit.
I think it's easier this other way.
Please try the patch and comment this option here. :)
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=676906&group_id=44306&atid=439120

Jose Maria.

P.S: Code is still a bit mess, so just check the "screen look". Quick menu work
but code could be better.