Subject: Some other infos ...

Some other infos ...

From: Fred <speed-up_at_fr.st>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:51:20 +0100

I could start my FM Recorder without the cable plugged in (don't ask me why
:-D) and did some more measures :

Normal cycle, not charging :
3FF 0
3FF 0
0 0
3FF 0

When the light's on/the HDD's running, AN6 comes to 18F/1AF/1B5 (I did three
measures :-D)
I think that when AN0 reaches about 3FF, and the AN6 comes higher than 0
(that means the HDD's running and/or the light's on), you should store the
AN6 value in a variable, and take the voltage from that point, refreshing it
only when it's higher than 0. This is not a real solution, but it should
help us to get partial support for a standalone FM Recorder device : what do
you think about this ?

The voltage value seems not to be well calibrated too, as the AN6 values
ahead have been measured as the Archos was fully charged.
Now, when I plug out the cable while charging under Rockbox, the unit
immediatly shuts down, this is not 100%, but it seems like it wasn't in the
previous builds ... maybe I have to wait for the HDD to come in in order to
plug out the cable :-D
It boots up well when I just charged it with the archos rom. If so, the
battery is shown as 16% full under the Archos : I measured the max AN6 value
just after the boot process, and got 1B5. Maybe 1C0 means 100% with this new
device ... but these are experimental values.
It seems not to boot up if the battery is under 10 or 5 %

Could you please make a special build for the FM Recorder that ignores
battery level, waiting for a real solution ? I can't wait to use Rockbox on
my Archos ;)

Fred