Subject: Archos Remote Control Support?

Archos Remote Control Support?

From: Josh <admin_at_pdajunkie.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 17:49:24 -0500

Hi. I just received the Archos car kit today, and I eagerly unwrapped
the packaging to see how good the remote control was. I plugged it in,
and tested it. All buttons work fine with rockbox, but I have a few
suggestions. First of all, if you hold down the up or down button on the
remote, it does not scroll quickly like the up and down buttons on the
actual Archos unit. Could rockbox add this code in? Also, another thing
I realized is that if you hold down the stop or play button, it does not
turn on or off the unit. On the Archos recorder, the off and stop button
are the same, so holding it down turns it off. Could you set it up so
holding down stop turns off the unit, and even so holding down play can
turn on the unit? That would make the remote so much more convenient.

DO you need me to do any testing regarding that? I would be glad to!