Subject: Re: big problem with locked drive

Re: big problem with locked drive

From: Torben Klein <goger_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:33:59 +0100

I'm sure I ran the commands correctly, but it didn't work. I cannot contact
the author of atapwd, because his hp is down. Seems as if I have to buy a
new disk, but what if it happens again? I found a desciption to erase a disk
using debug, may this unlock the disk? It's the last chance I see at the
moment. Or is there kind of a masterpassword for hitachi disks? Because I
think the program wants the right password. Even before erasing the disk it
asks for a password, so maybe this is the only way to get the disk back to
work Any ideas???

Torben