Subject: RE: Playlist building and ID3 tags entering!!
From: Matthew P. OReilly (
Date: 2003-01-29

True, we had a brief discussion about text entry before - including
cellphone-style input and something like the T9 input system, but these are
even more clunky than with a cellphone given the limited number of buttons
on the archos. That's why I would opt for an external text input device
were it available.

And as Björn pointed out, we do have text-entry now, but it would still be
beneficial for me to be able to mark a file for later review than to have to
rename it while driving or some other concentration-intensive task. (I
don't know about you all, but I find that even dialing a phone number on my
cellphone breaks my concentration considerably while driving.)

(BTW - alt + 1,4,8 on the keypad is the ö character on US keyboards.)