Subject: unique function for each button

unique function for each button

From: Bryce Benton <me_at_brycebenton.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:48:55 -0800

>> snip

I'd expect more consistent and distinct uses for the play and right arrow
buttons, for example--right arrow should always be "advance one level
deeper", while play should always be "activate whatever is selected".
Especially when dynamic recursive playlists become a reality, this will
almost definitely be how new users will expect things to work--clicking play
while a directory
is selected should queue up that directory's contents rather than entering
that directory.

snip <<

i think this is a good idea. (i still haven't figured out how to operate the
playlist creation feature... can someone kindly give me a hint? i'm using a
fairly recent build, but i'll update it today.)

pressing play on the directory would be a very easy and intuitive way to to
create a recursive playlist. if there are a limited number of buttons, it
makes sense to give each button a unique function.

for old-school rockboxers, there could be an option: "pressing play creates
playlist" or "pressing play enters directory".

as always, my thanks to all the rockbox coders--
bryce