Subject: Re: unique function for each button

Re: unique function for each button

From: Sweth Chandramouli <rockbox_at_astaroth.sweth.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:12:39 -0500

On Fri, Jan 31, 2003 at 02:18:23PM +0000, Martyn Weber wrote:
> Although this is nice, those people with a combined play/ff button would be
> stuck. You would have to include the ifdefs to test for the player keyboard
> and then revert back to the original rockbox way.
        Which isn't very unreasonable. The player and recorder
have different physical interfaces, so they should also have different
logical interfaces that map onto those physical ones.

        I do agree with the suggestion that playing a directory
should do just a flat play of the contents of that dir, while some combo
involving play should do the recursive play of the dir (on the recorder,
at least).

        -- Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli      Idiopathic Systems Consulting
svc_at_idiopathic.net      http://www.idiopathic.net/