Subject: Re: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze
From: Gary Richardi (
Date: 2003-01-29

My two bits: keep menu levels and keypresses to a minimum. For example,
the Archos firmware shows the volume & tone settings and allows
adjustment of those parms on ONE screen. Rockbox forces the user to go
to a sub menu for EACH of those parms to see/adjust the setting (this
is Rockboxes weakest area, IMHO). Now, the Archos firmware vol/tone
screen graphics are nice but I think it's more important to eliminate
Rockboxes excessive menu levels.

--- Linus Nielsen Feltzing <> wrote:
> BoD wrote:
> > Hey maybe we could even change the words "shuffle mode off" and
> such by
> > little icons.. This way they don't take too much space and don't
> need to be
> > localized.
> Remember that no two people are alike. It is virtually impossible to
> dram an icon that *everybody* understands. Why do you think there are
> tooltips for every toolbar button in most Windows programs?
> I don't want a graphic interface.
> /Linus

--- Gary ---
4 Way Street (West) - CSN&Y Tribute band --->
My original music --->

Do you Yahoo!?