Subject: Re: Archos Remote Control Support?
From: Scott Bronson (bronson_at_rinspin.com)
Date: 2003-01-30

> The Archos remote control key repeat is way too slow to be useful, so
> Rockbox can't see the difference between repeated presses and a held
> key. That's why repeat won't work. Try the original Archos firmware, I
> don't think it has repeat either.

The remote will press the key far more regularly than a human won't
it? If you get three presses 200ms +/- 15ms apart, then you can be
pretty sure that it's a machine making the presses. As long as those
pulses are coming at exactly that rate, you could repeat the action
as fast as you want.

Just an idea... I don't own a remote. :)

    - Scott