Subject: Fw: [ rockbox-Bugs-649549 ] %ig null for some genre tags
From: Vincent Kargatis (
Date: 2003-01-30

From: "" <>
Subject: [ rockbox-Bugs-649549 ] %ig null for some genre tags

> Bugs item #649549, was opened at 2002-12-06 16:05
> You can respond by visiting:
> >Resolution: Invalid
> Initial Comment:
> A fair number of genre tags visible in Winamp2.8 are null
> in the 20021206 rockbox, using the %ig tag for the WPS.
> is one such
> file, with the genre 'Electronic'.
> >Comment By: Bjorn Stenberg (zagor)
> Date: 2003-01-30 11:49
> The ID3 tag is bad. The header says it is id3v2.3 but the TCON tag
> is using the 2.4 format.

This file that Bjorn says has an inconsistent genre tag is produced on
Win2k using EAC + LAME (recent stable versions of both). My ID3 option
in EAC is for 2.3. Does anyone else here use that combination? Winamp
reads these genres correctly, so I guess it's being flexible in what
tags it reads - anyone else using this setup have trouble seeing %ig (in
a custom WPS) in rockbox?

If anyone can help try it, that would be cool.

Vincent Kargatis
np: Weather Report - "Rumba Mama"  (Live and Unreleased)