Subject: Hard Drive Issue?
From: Mike LaChance (
Date: 2003-01-30

I have a JB20, OS version 1.28, RockBox 1.4. When plugged in to the
charger, it appears to be okay. But when running on batteries only, it
functions intermittently. When malfunctioning, you can hear it trying to
work with the hard drive. At the moment, I can't get past the Archos
startup screen. As I searched through the RockBox archives, there is
mention that bad batteries can cause this (and Archos has suggested as
much). But this happens before the batteries get very low (sometimes
immediately after a full charge). Can it be that I have a drive that needs
too much power?

Thanks, Mike

BTW Congratulations to all the contributors to RockBox! What a great piece
of work!