Subject: Doubling audio channels (was Re: Windows audio "pass-through")
From: Sweth Chandramouli (rockbox_at_astaroth.sweth.net)
Date: 2003-01-31

On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 07:05:16PM -0600, Chris Muth wrote:
> Just double click on the little speaker in the icon tray and unmute
> the microphone/line in and you will hear it out the speakers.
        Finally got a chance to try it, and this seems to work,
except that the audio is coming out of only the left speaker, while
it comes from both if I mount the Archos and play the music that way.
Any suggestions for what might be wrong?

        And getting back to Rockbox--when recording mp3s, I
sometimes only have a mono audio source. I can turn the recording into
a stereo one in a sound editor as part of the clean-up I do once I get
a chance, but it would be nice to be able to listen to the track in
stereo before I get around to actually cleaning it up. Is there any
chance of an option to double a mono track on the fly so that it comes
out of both channels?

        -- Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli      Idiopathic Systems Consulting
svc_at_idiopathic.net      http://www.idiopathic.net/