Subject: Re: Just an idea about the FM recorder...
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-02-01

SeeSchloss wrote:
> Well the FM recorder can play uncompressed music, as the original
> firmware can play radio, and radio is not compressed in MP3 I think.
> So wouldn't it be possible now to play uncompressed wav with a FM
> recorder, or am I completely wrong ?

The MAS is the same type as on the older recorder models, AFAIK.

If that is the case, you are unfortunately completely wrong. The radio
is not played by the MAS. It is just connected to the ADC input of the
MAS, which routes the audio to the headphones. At least, that's how I
assume they are doing it.

/Linus