Subject: Disk spin-up when shutting down
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2003-02-02

Hello,

If I set the resume function on and switch the device on, the music
starts to play. Rockbox doesn't need to get the dir info of the current
dir for this, which is no problem at this time.

When I press OFF to switch the device off, Rockbox first wants to read
the current dir, turns on the disk. I don't know, is it ok for the disk
to be turned off when it's just spinning up?

Suggestion: The current dir should be gotten automatically when starting
with resume on at start. So Rockbox doesn't need to read it when
pressing OFF.

Bye, Uwe.