Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: Disk spin-up when shutting down
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Björn Stenberg wrote on Sunday, February 2, 2003, 1:06:52 PM:
BS> Uwe Freese wrote:
>> Suggestion: The current dir should be gotten automatically when starting
>> with resume on at start. So Rockbox doesn't need to read it when
>> pressing OFF.
BS> Another fix is to simply not exit the WPS until you release OFF/STOP. I've been meaning to do this.
I only press the OFF button for a long time (until the device is off).
And the directory browser is not displayed.
But the drive *is* spinning up (red LED is going on) and then the power
Please test this:
( - set resume function on)
( - turn device off)
- turn device on
- wait until buffer is filled, device is playing and disk is turned off
- turn volume low (so that you can hear the disk later)
- press OFF (long time) so that the device switches off
- I hope you can see that the red light is going on and the disk is also
starting to spin up just in the second the hardware shuts down the
- this doesn't happen if one has opened the dir browser at least one
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew