Subject: Re: my only problem so far...
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-02-03

I've found that VBR files without a Xing header (created by Lame 3.92 with
ID3v2 tags is the culprit) show up as very low bitrate and confuse the JB
with respect to properly setting the watermark.

Solution 1. For already ripped files use MP3Trim or MP3Surgeon to
create/repair (not sure which) the Xing header VBR seek index thingy. (is
there anything else that will do this after the fact?)

Solution 2. For future rips with Lame Encoder, make sure only ID3v1 tags are
created. (this may have been fixed in 3.93, I haven't tested.

Chris