Subject: Re: OT: Running Linux on an Archos

Re: OT: Running Linux on an Archos

From: Robert Hak <rhak_at_ramapo.edu>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:50:23 -0500 (EST)

Oh.. sweet sweet irony..

I was just talking about this with co-workers. And while neat.. I stick
by my first question to them. 'Why?'

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Michael Hopper wrote:

It's off the Rockbox topic, but I'm currently looking at this site where
someone has ported Linux to an iPod.

http://ipodlinux.sourceforge.net/

Has anyone in the Rockbox community heard of anyone trying to port Linux
to an Archos device?

| Robert E. Hak < http://phobos.ramapo.edu/~rhak > |

"I have a theory of how to get a machine to do many of the things that go
 into this suitcase of consciousness. There will still be people who say
 yes, but you haven't gotten at the unified, central, solar spirit or magic
 of consciousness that explains all those other things. My answer is go back
 to the Middle Ages or stop bothering me, I'm busy."
        - Marvin Minsky, Professor of Electrical Engineering and
          Computer Science at MIT