Subject: Re: FM Recorder status web page
From: rockbox_at_diffenbach.org
Date: 2003-02-04

> There is a terrible shortage of FM users with a will to hack Rockbox
> code.

I'm an FM user; I'm willing to hack code.

I'm having a bit of a problem because while I can (after some work) compile the Simulator for Windows using MinGW, the Simulator doesn't work too well (it gets "stuck" on screens (F2 screen, playing screen). I don't know if this is because:
 * my compile is bogus
 * or, it's a known problem in the Windows version of the Simulator
 * or, it's a known problem in the Simulated FM

If anyone has any guidance, I'd appreciate it.

If no one has an answer, since I don't have Microsoft's debugger, and as the Windows Simulator uses OutputDebugString to output debugging mesages, my next endevour is going to be building a log window into the Windows Simulator.

I'm more than happy to hack code to get Rockbox working on the FM (I'm not so willing to crack open my FM and trace cicuits, because I have no experience doing this). But I don't know what to do; if you can indicate what to do, I'll try to do it.