Subject: Rockbox versions codenames ...
From: Fred (speed-up_at_fr.st)
Date: 2003-02-05

Now that I want to make an "official" (means clean :-D) website providing
latest patched RockBox sources, I'd like to know about how we should call
the different releases. I'd like to use the same behaviour Debian did, with
three level of testing : stable (release), testing (the CVS) and unstable
(my patched version). Maybe we should give them names, like they did with
Woody, Sarge and Sid. We should also have a file-naming standart, like :
sid.fred-fm-05.02.2003.azj
This would come with a special build name, using the same pattern, that
would be showed in the "about" box. I tried to do that by modifying the
configure script, but the compilation crashed. I replaced the standart
version line by this one :
VERSION=\$(shell date +Sid-%e.%m.%Y)
And I get a path error. So how can I change the release name we see on the
firmware's about box ?

I updated my pack again, patching some new things :
-> The french language file
-> the external language file size has been risen to 5000
-> the "about" now shows the patcher's name in a special section
-> The "star" game now stores his level file in the .rockbox folder

As allways, you can get the files here :
http://www.toutfr.com/files/fred/rockbox/

Fred