Subject: Re: Batteries
From: M. Grabert (xam_at_cs.ucc.ie)
Date: 2003-02-05

I got the IPowerUS 2100 from www.onlybatteries.com.
It took 7 weeks until they finally arrived here in Ireland :-/

I don't have any complaints, but I really can't tell how long they
actually last, since I primarily got them for other applications
(Digital Camera, GPS), and I just got enough spare one for the Archos
aswell. So I didn't do any real testing of the IPowerUS with the Archos
(I didn't bother), i.e. measuring the improvement in time, however
there is a noticable(!) difference.

Moreover it seems that they might be even better than the Sanyo 2100
(I just got 2 AA batteries of the Sanyo, at least the IPowerUS last a
little bit longer in the GPS device).

There are some other brands of 2100 mAh NiMH out there, but they all seem
to be re-branded Sanyo 2100 NiMH.

The interesting thing is that the Sanyo say "min. 2000mAh" whereas
the IPowerUS "min. 2010" and the manual for the latter even states
"under typical conditions min. 2060, max. 2150". The Sanyo are also
specified for 500 recharge cycles, the IPowerUS for 1000. That was the
reason why I ordered the IPowerUS instead more of the Sanyo.

I hope they are not lying ;)

greetings Max

PS: Sorry, I'm not subscribed to the list; however I read the archive weekly