Subject: FM Recorder battery levels

FM Recorder battery levels

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:00:07 -0000 (GMT)

As I mentioned in another post, I believe the basic battery levels on the
FM Recorder model are being read wrong. The current values show a scale
from 4 volts downwards, but surely, despite the new battery type, it is
still 4 x 1.5 volt batteries, for a maximum of 6 volts? The harddrive
still needs 5V, yes?

This being the case, then the scaling factor must have changed from the
previous models. The value read from the hardware is divided by a scaling
factor to give an integer representation of the voltage. To correct this
scaling factor, we need to multiply the current factor by 2/3, giving a
new value of 4310 (based on 6465 as the current factior, from memory, so
it may be wrong!). The battery min and max values will also have to be
recalculated (4v and 2.65v rescaled to 6v and 4v?)

I will have a look at this tonight when I get home, but does the theory
sound reasonable to this list?

Mike Holden