Subject: Re: FM Recorder battery levels

Re: FM Recorder battery levels

From: Andrew Jamieson <ajamiesn_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:30:23 +1100

> As I mentioned in another post, I believe the basic battery levels on the
> FM Recorder model are being read wrong. The current values show a scale
> from 4 volts downwards, but surely, despite the new battery type, it is
> still 4 x 1.5 volt batteries, for a maximum of 6 volts? The harddrive
> still needs 5V, yes?

Li-Ion batteries scale from a max of 4.2 under charge to the ~3.5 when flat.
This pdf gives you a good overview on the tech
http://www.panasonic.com/industrial/battery/oem/images/pdf/Panasonic_LiIon_O
verview.pdf

There are either two cells (= 7.2V nominal, but from what I have read I dont
think there are), or the FM has a step up to power the HDD.