Subject: FM Recorder power level - patch attached
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-02-05

I have made a temporary fix for the power problem on the FM Recorder
model. This is along the same lines as the one that Fred posted recently
(ignoring the battery min level completely), but is not quite so severe!

It works on the principle that the battery level reads as 0.00 or 0.01
volts (0 or 10 in the internal scale used) for much of the time, and
occasionally shows the correct value. The fix keeps an extra value of
"last known good" for the battery level, and uses this instead whenever a
zero value is read. It uses a threshold value, currently 20 (0.02 volts),
to check whether a "bogus" value is returned, and uses the last known good
value if it is bogus (i.e. < 20). If a "good" value is read, it updates
the known good value. In normal circumstances, I doubt the batteries could
put out 0.02 volts and the jukebox fire up, so this principle seems sound!

A patch is attached below, and a compiled firmware is uploaded at
www.mikeholden.uklinux.net/ajbrec.ajz
The patch is also available at www.mikeholden.uklinux.net/patch.diff

Happy testing!
Mike Holden