Subject: Re: FM Recorder power level - patch attached

Re: FM Recorder power level - patch attached

From: Heikki Hannikainen <hessu_at_hes.iki.fi>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:38:46 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Björn Stenberg wrote:

> Justin Heiner wrote:
> > Then why is it that when power management is totally disabled in the
> > FM recorder, it will boot? :-)
>
> It won't. Many FM owners report it still powers off without the charger cable.

  The charger code does run without the charger cable attached. It will do
some voltage reads, and occasionally some charger_enable(false) &
charger_enable(true) calls. These might be done especially if the
charger_inserted() detection gives false positives. Maybe they cause the
power being shut off.

  If it has been determined that commenting the power management thread
out, it should be investigated by some FM owner with some further
commenting & uncommenting, which call causes the power off.

> > Seems like rockbox is doing SOMETHING that is making it shut off
>
> I'd guess it's rather something Rockbox *isn't* doing that makes it shut off.

  If removing the charger code helped, I'd bet it's probably
charger_inserted() returning true when the charger isn't inserted, and
then charger_enable() causing the unit to shut off.

  - Hessu