Subject: WPS/directory/queue
From: Kjell Ericson (Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-02-06

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Björn Stenberg wrote:

> As I don't use my player much, I have no suggested wps changes. How do you
> player users feel, should we change the wps on players too?

I have no oppinion on what you wrote about.

I however feel for changing the ON and ON+PLAY functionality. This is how I
would like it to work:

* Pressing ON from WPS goes to the directory view.
* Pressing ON again gives you the "queue/delete/rename" menu.
* Pressing ON again gives you the WPS again.

The ON+PLAY combination is unintuitive (for me at least) and often hard to
reach. For a non-manual-user it is impossible to find.

Pressing the ON button directly in the directory view doesn't seem to do
anything either, so why have ON+PLAY combinition there?

Having this three-screen flip would of course give you an extra key press
sometimes, but I think it can be worth it.

Unless someone says this is completly bad I will make a try after we have
released 2.0 (which I think is very important).

  // Kjell