Subject: Re: current concerns with the status of rockbox... (aka things that must be looked at before 2.0)

Re: current concerns with the status of rockbox... (aka things that must be looked at before 2.0)

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:39:03 +0100

Eric Linenberg wrote:
> with regards to Bjorn's new wps for the recorder, one problem I see
> with it is the fact that it assumes you arrrange your music like:
>
> /artist/album/track
>
> if you don't do this (or ID3 tags), then you get some interesting output.

Yes. Do you have a suggestion how we can improve this?

> also, this latest wps file does nothing with the genre and year tags.

I think BoD's suggestion for a (%iy) after album name was a good idea. I've thought about the genre tag, but couldn't come up with a good place to put it. Again, I'm open for suggestions. That's why I posted the mail.

> Next, the ID2 viewer is almost impossible to get into, not only is it
> a difficult button combination (every time I press F1, I end up in the
> menu) but it is also missing the genre and year tags.

I will add the ID3 viewer to the menu before 2.0. I'll fix the missing tags issue too.

--
Björn