Subject: Re: Blind mode
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-02-07

Joaquim Carvalho wrote:
> Playing the entire disk should be possible without a playlist

Haven't we been through this enough already? There are exactly ZERO diadvantages with using a playlist for whole-disk play. Yet there are some major disadvantages with *not* using a playlist:

1) Just finding all files on a disk takes several minutes. Why don't I think you would enjoy waiting for that?

2) The path information for my 40G disk is well over half a megabyte in size. Tat means at least 25% shorter battery life.

--
Björn