Subject: Digital recording problem - distortion

Digital recording problem - distortion

From: Martin Borus <martin_at_borus.de>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:52:26 +0100

Hi,

I had problems today with a digital recording from a 48kHz
source. CVS 030209, JBR20GB

Somehow the jukebox has failed the adjust to the signal properly
which resulted in a distorted recording. The original digital signal was
OK, I looped that through while recording and it sounded OK on the
MD recorder.

This problem has occurred to me before (months ago), it might be
hardware related. My concern here is not that the recording failed,
but that, unlike with the original Archos firmware, I cannot check on
the signal while the recording is running: The peak meter is not
working and there is no signal on the analog/headphone output.
It would be very helpful if this could be changed.

The original recording is 600MB, it's distorted all the way.
I've put a small clip from the file at
http://www.syltlinks.de/rockbox/errorclip.mp3

Martin