Subject: Re: FM Recorder has hardware battery charging
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-02-09

Fred said:
> Does this patch correct all the FM Recorder powering issues ? What is it
> really doing for the end-user ?

Well the main benefits are that the spurious power losses when removing
power or usb lead seem resolved, plus we are one step further up the road
of understanding the inner workings of the FM model.

We can now concentrate on mapping the power curve of the discharge, and
looking at other issues like backlight use.

So far, the higest voltage I have seen is about 3.41 volts. What values
have other users seen? I am going to spend some time now to look at the
high and low values for the battery levels, and the discharge rates over
time, to try to get a reasonable curve to predict runtimes.

Mike Holden

Mike Holden's Rockbox page: