Subject: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Thaw

Rockbox 2.0 Feature Thaw

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:23:37 +0100

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> I'm now calling a feature freeze.

And for my next trick, I'm doing the rather unusual stunt of thawing the feature freeze again.

My thinking is this: 2.0 is The Recording Release. To get recording working decently we need to prepend Xing VBR headers on the files we record. Linus is working on this. However, due to unfortunate personal circumstances Linus cannot spend as much time on this recording code as we had hoped, and thus it will be delayed a while longer.

Instead of sitting on our hands counting unmerged patches, I have decided to thaw the feature freeze and merge a few things.

Some candidates:

 - The SLEEP patch
 - The cfg loader expansion patch
 - The duplicate id3v2 ignore patch
 - The fade patch
 - The wide/narrow/karaoke patch
 - The display invert patch
 - The bookmark patch (I will review the latest version tomorrow)

...and maybe a few others.

(This does not mean all of these will be merged, etc etc, yada yada.)

--
Björn