Subject: Re: Cross compiling C++; malloc/free implementation?
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-02-13

rockbox_at_diffenbach.org wrote:
> My motivation is to find a better way of selecting music than traversing a
> file hierarchy.

This is in our plans too (see request #613544, "ID3 database"). It would be unfortunate if you developed this in a way that cannot be integrated with Rockbox.

> Speaking of what Rockbox wants, are Windows shortcuts (i.e., sym-links) of
> interest?

Windows shortcut support has been suggested (#672731) but I challenge anyone to write an elegant implementation. The .lnk file format is a mess, to put it mildly.

--
Björn