Subject: Re: Re[6]: It works ;)
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-02-13

Uwe Freese said:
> Hello Mike,
> Mike Holden wrote on Thursday, February 13, 2003, 12:37:42 PM:
>>> Ah, ok. These values (1.8 - 3,4 v) cannot be the real ones, because
>>> the LiIon max voltage is 4,2 (or 4,1) v. But I can change the
>>> battery scale factor for the fm and adjust the curve. I'll update it
>>> in some hours..
> MH> Those are the values that rockbox displays at full charge,
> .. in debug menu. And they are calculated out of the value that AN6
> shows and a battery scale factor. I now changed it in CVS. Please try
> it!
> Be sure it says now 4,2 v when the charger is plugged for hours and the
> battery is obviously full. If it shows another voltage in the debug
> screen, please tell me, I'll have to change the scale then!

I thought that Fred had done some voltage measurements a while ago with a
voltmeter on the pinouts and got values that suggested the scaling factor
was correct and that the voltages measured matched up with the voltages
displayed in debug menu? I suppose the values don't really matter that
much, so long as they are consistent, and range from 0% to 100%, but it
would be good if the actual voltages were displayed!