Subject: Re: It works ;)
From: Fred (speed-up_at_fr.st)
Date: 2003-02-13

> Someone has to measure (real_voltage, AN6 value) pairs. When is
somebody doing this? I cannot help before this is done.

> Bye, Uwe.

What does the graph looks like ? How many measures would you need ? Can you
interpolate from 3 or 4 values ?
I'll try to make a little values table tonight, using the debug menu, and
encourage other FM users to do so. I allready fixed the max voltage at 3.2V
even if the max I reached was 3.11V at full charge. The min value should be
about 2.2, and when I play an MP3 file near battery's end I'm at 2.4V (2.2
values are reached when there are some disk access, I even saw 2.0V values
...)

Here are some fresh values :
VOLT - AN6
2.24 15C
2.32 167
2.82 1B5
2.90 1C2

Other FM users should send their ones, in order to see if we get the same
values (my battery seems a bit damaged)

Another thing : why is the Charge Control activated in the latest CVS
Rockbox version ? Shouldn't be I've read somewhere in the newsgroup : what's
your opinion ?

Fred

PS : how do you calculate the BATTERY_SCALE_FACTOR value ? I can see :
level = (adc_read(ADC_UNREG_POWER) * BATTERY_SCALE_FACTOR) / 10000;
This means, the voltage would be read from the AN6 value, with a scale/10000
factor : is the level still an hexadecimal value ?!?
For instance : if the AN6 value is 200 by full charge, means 3.1V, I could
have the scale factor with 310*10000/decimal(200) ?