Subject: RE: It REALLY works ;)
From: TP Diffenbach (
Date: 2003-02-14

You can't get rid of the skipping without crossfading; you can't crossfade on the Archos as the MP3 is decoded by a hardware chip, of which there is only one per Archos.

The only way to prevent this is to record the entire CD as a single "track".

PS: You might find that something like CDex does a better job than Music Match at ripping.

Quoting Sparks <>:

> I have another question, not sure if it is something I am not
> doing
> right in my ripping from CD (MusicMatch), but if I play a "CD" on
> the
> Archos with all the tracks mixed in, there seems to be a very small
> gap
> when the tracks change - This is not heard in WinAmp (no cross
> fading)
> Sparks...

Archos FM has a Rockbox!