Subject: RE: FM Recorder questions
From: Matthew P. OReilly (moreilly_at_moreilly.com)
Date: 2003-02-14

I don't know about the FM recorder, as I don't have one myself. But the Recorder 20 (which I do have) has SCMS enabled by default; it must be turned off manually. This is done according to the instructions found here:

http://www.hotmp3gear.com/Hack.htm

SCMS *only* affects the S/PDIF digital transfer settings, IIRC. It will never prevent you from copying files to/from the unit via USB. (This is mainly an issue with minidiscs and such - Sony is very big into "content protection".)

Since the instructions above pertain to both the Recorder series and the Multimedia Jukebox, I think it is safe to assume that the FM Recorder will follow the same pattern.

Please try it, and let us know if it works.

And thank you thank you thank you for reading the FAQ! :-)

Matt