Subject: RE: It REALLY works ;)
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2003-02-14

Sparks said:
> Can Rockbox detect when it is getting charged, as now the charging
> control is disabled, it no longer keeps the backlight on when it is
> plugged in!

Rockbox certainly can detect when it is charging, and my final patch to
sort out a couple of other screens when charging have just been added last
night. If the final patches submitted haven't sorted this out, then it got
overlooked somewhere! I will have a look, but see no reason why this
should not work properly. It's probably a quick 2 line fix! There may be
one or two other features that got lost in the disabling of the power
handling. If you spot any more, post on here.

> Thanks for such a great firmware - it has made my Archos sooo much
> better!

I agree! That's why I've put so much time into investigating and fixing
the problems on the FM model.

Mike Holden