Subject: Simulator problem
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-02-15

I've been trying to use the simulator today for the first time, and seem
to be hitting an infinite loop. I don't know if it's something I haven't
done right, so forgive me if that is the case!

When I press "Play" to play a playlist file, it gets as far as calling
empty_playlist, and then calls remove(QUEUE_FILE) to remove the old queue
file. However because I have build the simulator, remove() is #defined as
x11_remove, so that function is called instead. When stepping through
x11_remove, this performs a call to remove(), which has been #defined to
x11_remove, so an inifinite loop ensues of x11_remove calling x11_remove.

Is there something fundamental I'm missing here? I've read through lots of
docs, but not seen anything that suggests I need to do anything other than
run ../tools/configure and choose the simulator option, then make as
usual.

Mike Holden