Subject: Newbie questions
From: Steve Congrave (steve_at_congrave.co.uk)
Date: 2003-02-15

Hi

Firstly not sure if this is the correct list as my Subscribe rockbox to
majordomo resulted in a blank email being returned.

Anyway, I am trying to setup a cygwin compiler for rockbox source so I
can play around with it and hopefully learn something about it.

However when I run cygwin.bat and run the ../tools/configure I get 2
errors referring to a missing file credits.c - I extracted all of the
source via CVS.

Secondly I seem unable to compile a version for the uisimulator - loads
of errors about i386 files not found when processing dependancies. How
does uisimulator run under win32 (XP) - I have no Unix experience I'm
afraid.

Thirdly, when I run make I get 3 Archos files in the build-dir but none
of the are called archos.mod - do I have to rename the binary - I can't
find any instructions beyond runing Make and getting a binary. The
instructions were writetn for someone with an understanding of these
things and I'm afraid I have very little so starting from scratch here.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Steve

---