Subject: Re: Building the uisimulator using cygwin gcc!

Re: Building the uisimulator using cygwin gcc!

From: Henrik Backe <backe_at_swipnet.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:23:27 +0100

> So, if that is the only difference, can't we make this fix nicer than
having
> two almost identical Makefiles added?
>
> I see two possible approaches:
>
> 1. Dynamicly check in the Makefile for what condition that seems to fit.
gcc
> or mingw.
>
> 2. Make the configure script ask the user what compiler that is being
used,
> and then invoke make with a proper command line that allows it to do
the
> correct action for the compiler of choice.
>
> Also, please use the command line option -b as well when creating the
diff,
> as then we'll get a smaller diff (your editor seem to have modified
> spaces/tabs that show up in the diff).

And I choose aproach number 1. If its cygwin I use gcc with builtin mingw
support.

The reason I didn't us -b was that I get "no newline at end of file
warnings"
for the following files in uisimulator/win32 :
      uisw32.h
      uisw32.h
      kernel.c
      lcd-win32.c
      button.c
But skipping the -b flag didnt fix them, so its back on. Maybe somebody with
cvs access can fix this?

I've also fixed the player simulator build somewhat. Now someone only need
implement drawrectangles and drawdots for it to build.

The new patchid is
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=688244&group_id=44306&atid=4
39120
I've finally realised I need an account to be able to update my patches, so
hopefully this will be the last patchid
from me for this issue.

I'm also trying to get the X11 versions of the simulator to build under
cygwin. I've changed the makefile so it uses
the same flags (minus -lnsl) for cygwin as for linux. It compiles ok but the
loader fails. Anybody got a clue why it fails?

Excerpt from X11 build under cygwin.:
gcc -g -o
/home/Henrik/rb/devel/build_x11/rockboxui -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lm -lXt -
lXmu \
/home/Henrik/rb/devel/build_x11/lang.o ..... -lpthread
/home/Henrik/rb/devel/build_x11/visual.o(.text+0xfe2):/home/Henrik/rb/devel/
uisimulator/x11/visual.c:497: undefined reference to `_XGetVisualInfo'
/home/Henrik/rb/devel/build_x11/visual.o(.text+0xff1):/home/Henrik/rb/devel/
uisimulator/x11/visual.c:501: undefined reference to `_XFree'