Subject: Problems with long recordings / HD full
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2003-02-16

Hi, I had two problems with long time recordings on
my JB20 (saturday's CVS)- when I pressed stop the red
LED stayed lit and after a minute or so I had to stop the
Archos by holding down the STOP button.I tried again (as I didn't
want to miss the next recording) - same problem here.

I had two zero-byte files. Scandisk recovered a two hour bit of the
first file.

Later I found the reason for the hang up: Scandisk reported the hard
disk to be completely full - the broken filesystem had assumed there
was still 2GB free which was not the case..

Maybe there should be some panic-code that will stop a recording
immediately when free space runs out...