Subject: Re: Is FM support "official" now?
From: Daniel Stenberg (daniel_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-02-17

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, Mike Holden wrote:

> we should be making more noise about this on the website now. Maybe a new
> News item on the homepage, and a note explaining the current status on the
> Download page.

I've added a main news item on the front page now, and I removed the alarming
text on the daily-build page. Should appear soon.

> Also, would there be any mileage in backporting the FM fixes into the
> current 1.4 branch (I assume it was tagged for release in CVS?)

I had a quick word with Björn about it, and we both agree that it would be a
bit of an overkill (but yes, it is tagged with "v1_4"). The daily-build
version is better than 1.4 in *every* aspect. Let's instead try to get the
2.0 out the door soon. Of course, you may do whatever you want with your time
and engergy! ;-)