Subject: Re: comment on "mid-track resume"

Re: comment on "mid-track resume"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:06:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, lee donaghy wrote:

> as a fellow audiobook fan you may also want to check out Benjamins
> excellent bookmarking patch. it hasn't been intergrated into the rockbox
> tree yet (why not?)

Patches that are in the patch-tracker are still there for many reasons,
including:

o No one has been able to take the time to apply the patch and commit to CVS.
  This is not to be done mechanicly, the sources should be reviewed and they
  must build fine all over.

o The patch is not considered "done". More discussions or different code
  might be needed. Many patches are re-worked and discussed for a long time
  before they get added.

o The patch may not be considered fine for inclusion in Rockbox.

o Uncertainty of the status of the patch. Several patches are quite old by
  now and yet still have outstanding issues/questions.

The amount of people who apply patches is rather low, so this tend to be the
bottle neck. Huge complex patches are normally only applied by me, Björn or
Linus.