Subject: Re: ajbr20 behaviour with batteries
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-02-18

----- Original Message -----
From: "José M. Fandiño" <ajbr20_at_fadesa.es>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 11:14 AM

> Hello Dirk,

> > Me and some friends noticed the same behaviour for our
> > AJBR20s (-; they are upgraded to AJBR60s meanwhile ;-).
> > The charger doesn't deliver the amount of power required
> > by the recorder during longer USB sessions. So the batteries
> > are drained even with a charger connected.
>
> this isn't my case. My AJBR haven't any hardware mod.
> hhhmmmmm! then ... it's a hardware failure :-?
>
> I wonder if other archos users consider this an acceptable
> behaviour for their AJBRs.

This could be dependant on the batteries used (get some 1850s or 2000s, they
are great!) the type of adapter you have (Kings or aAz or replacement?) and
your operating system/USB drivers (do they allow the disk to spindown when
connected?)
Of course if one has never done that large a transfer or left the AJBR
hooked up that long, one might never notice.

Chris