Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Mushy keys quick hardware fix
From: Joaquim Carvalho (jdc_at_x64.com)
Fixed my Recorder mushy keys without voiding the warranty -
the warranty seal was not touched.
(Left/Right pressed instead of Up/Down)
1. Remove the batteries
2. Remove the 4 small black screws at the top and bottom
3. Gently remove the top cover.
4. Do NOT put your fingers at the LCD or the clear cover,
remove any dust with compressed air
5. Cut two 4mm circles on a 0.2mm plastic/paper sheet
6. Use sticky tape to fix the circles to the PCB where it
touches the two spacer tabs on the 4_way_button
7. Carefully reassemble
Easy but must be done with care.
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew