Subject: Buffer first few seconds of next song

Buffer first few seconds of next song

From: Brian <gcadidas13_at_columbus.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 07:13:14 -0500

I bring this back for discussion as i believe the delay between the time you press the button (like next) and when it actually switches the song is gradually increasing. I tried version 1.4 and there was a noticeable difference. All of my system settings were the same, also. I think this would contribute to Rockbox having a near-instantaneous button response when switching tracks, especially if you have it in your pocket and a lazy forward button that you dont know if you pressed fully. Does anyone else find this useful?

Brian