Subject: RE: Experimental new UI for the Recorder : This is great !!!
From: Henri DAVID (hdavid_at_mail.com)
Date: 2003-02-19

Hi all,

oh my god !!! GREAT work !!

I really love it, and I think it was time to deeply "RE-Think" the rockbox
interface.

-new icons are really nice looking
-the Sound menu is just Great !
-the Video Inverse selection is really useful

wishes and remarks:

general :

- I am not a big fan of Play/Pause and OFF act everywhere the same. but
maybe I have to get used to it ;)

- use left to exit a menu (to go back of one level I mean, as right Key is
used to enter a menu...). (yeah.... why is left not used while in menu??
;) )

- ON/F1/F3 would go back to Browser/WPS/Sound directly (while in a menu)
(and not back up of one level in the menu hierarchy as left Key is already
doing so).

- I really miss the QuickConfig screens that are available in the normal
Rockbox. I think it would be nice to display them after a long press (one
sec. or so) on F1 F2 F3 :
 .A long click on F1 would bring a sort of "context menu" :
delete/rename/record/createplaylist/editplaylist... while in Browser mode
and editID3/showID3/PichUp/PitchDown/ while in WPS.
 .A long click F2 would bring the General Setting quick Screen
(fileview,followplaylist, StatusBar)
 .A long click on F3 would Bring the Play Settings Quick Screen
(RepeatMode/ShuffleMode/resume/EqPresets)

(this would also remove the ON+Play and ON+F1 tricky shortcuts :) )

sound menu :

- I would prefer to have dB instead of %age for bass/Treble/loudness (make
more sense in my opinion)

- balance 50% should be 0 (centre) (more logical isn't it ?)

- I have the feeling that the volume control is way too sensitive when going
above 60. I actually prefer the oldschool one. more precise and easier to
use.

- the mini icon volume seems not to match the value showed the volume
slider. while the slider is at 47, the mini icon shows 0.

-I also liked the fact the original rockbox shows the volume as numerical
value in the status bar when changing it. it is missing it this release.

Henri