Subject: Re: Experimental new UI for the Recorder
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2003-02-19

Joaquim Carvalho wrote:
> - Graphical sound setup with vertical sliders

This should IMHO be split into a separate patch for consideration independently of the major UI overhaul.

> - Inverted video cursor line

Have you managed to remove the performance problem we had in our previous attempt? Try browsing into a directory with many files. Then hold the down key until you are scrolling at full speed. Keep scrolling for a second, then release the key. Did the scroll stop immediately? If it did, please split this too into a separate patch and submit it.

> - More responsive keyboard

What is the problem you are addressing with this change?

I'm sorry I haven't had time to test your code personally. I'm swamped in work at the moment.